Friday, January 22, 2010

Zombies

I enjoy the concept of zombies and the idea of zombie movies.
I get scared very easily and find the only way to deal with the fear movies make is to walk - this makes going to the movies to see these films problematic to say the least. At home it's easy - during the scary bits I can walk into the hallway or quickly go into the kitchen to fill up my water glass.

But whats the fear in zombie movies - its contagion - the idea that once bitten you will become a zombie and becoming a zombie undead is very different from becoming a vampire. Vampires are sexy - zombies are just rotten flesh.

i think this says a lot about ideas of the afterlife. The vampire afterlife is full of learning and travel and sex - zombies just rot away!

1 comment:

  1. Zombies have got that dull look in their eyes too, they are just gross. I can't watch scary movies EVER, but that's just me being overly suggestible and emotional - I seem to get worse as I get older. Sometimes I cry when I watch the news.

    ReplyDelete