Thursday, May 3, 2012

learning the language of the nonspeaking self

When I was in rehab I spent a long time in art therapy and enjoyed the process very much without understanding it in any way at all. I went to the studio, sat down and drew and wrote on my drawing  and went back to the ward.

When I left the art therapist gave me a huge roll of papers which were all my drawings and  I took them home with me where they sat behind the book case in my study for several years.

I took them out a couple of weeks ago and began looking through them to discover another language I barely recognise let alone find myself able to read.

So here's the current project.

1. to bind all the drawings to keep them safe.
2. to make a folder in which to keep the book of drawings
3 to begin to explore the images and their meanings

Mostly these images seem to be about my two sisters, my mother and myself. There is a section which seems to be about my male archetype and my relationship to him - I wonder if he  is my muse and if so there is a haiku to him in an earlier post here.
I'm not even sure I know how to explore these images so the whole thing will be a journey of honouring and exploring with no expected destination.

So here's the cover of the drawings


No comments:

Post a Comment