Sunday, May 6, 2012

more about the art therapy journal

The cover for this journal is progressing.
I was unable to spray paint outside  - its been raining so much I fear the ceiling may falter but it hasn't.
yesterday the sun shone so I got started on the fastening straps for the cover, I'm not yet sure how they will fasten but will wait until I attach them and allow them to tell me how best they fasten.

The long strips of cardboard came from one of the racks at Ikea when I was there with Marion and found them lying between the bales of disembodied furniture. I put them in our trolley but there was no charge for them.

They will be covered next with ripped vintage kimono silk and allowed to explain to me how they will fasten to the folder.
I have a passion for degraded corrugated cardboard - it sings to me and tells me of its need to be journal covers and  folders. I find scraps of it on my footpath travels and bring them how - weather does extraordinary things to this material.
I still have some I found in Pompeii. After climbing a fence and rummaging between fallen rocks  it embarrassed me a little in the gift store when snails fell out  into the poster bin. Poor relocated refugee snails!
So here's the cover



No comments:

Post a Comment