Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I love my bedroom window




I sleep with my windows open summer and winter. I love waking up to clean cold mornings as much as I like the honey drizzle of a summer daybreak.




I can hear the motorway in the distance and I can see the moon from my bed.




My feet face east when I sleep - when I die I will take my first step of my new life into the morning sun. This thought gives me pleasure and comfort.




There is a tawny frog-mouthed owl in the tree beside my bedroom. Her call vibrates through the night - in a register so low it is more felt than heard.




She has babies in that tree and brings them out of their nest to the long stretch of a branch where they waddle up and down watching the garden.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have both Marama the moon and Ruru the owl watching over you like otherworldly matriarchal angels while you are in dreamland...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to make them into a collage!

    ReplyDelete