Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On a roll!

It's been a while since I blogged and I had almost forgotten how much I enjoy it. Its a lot like, and completely unlike, writing in my journal. I've not explored this difference yet - just enjoyed very much the experiencing of it.

Blogging here has also changed the way I write in my journal - I'm less precise and wordy - more cut and stick and play!

This piece is to hold another of my older haiku. I wrote it after my divorce in the deep pain of being left.

Did a year go by
and the Blackbird's song return
while I was crying

5 comments:

  1. I love this!

    I, am a pedantic student... far from a master of this form; I'd not use capital letters or a question mark. Allow the reader to percieve.
    _m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered about the question mark - remembered also Oscar Wilde's line:
    this morning I put in a comma and this afternoon I took it out..
    now I take it out and lets read that again.

    Thank yopu for your kind and wise comments sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so perfect Julia. Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog and now I am enjoying yours. Since I began writing haiku about two years ago, I rarely find a need to journal any more. I think this is beautiful without the question mark.

    All the best,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you
    I agree - I think the question mark was not needed.

    thank you very much for commenting on my writing - it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete