Thursday, February 25, 2010

sex and thinking!

I was invited to participate in a threesome the other day. I don't think it was a serious invitation: as two young men got out of their car one of them grinned at me and said, "Will you come with us and let us massage you?" There was a world of suggestion in his grin and I smiled back at him as I declined their invitation.

It made me start thinking about sex. Ive never truly understood the concept of sex - why we determinedly combine affection with the means of reproduction. People talk about the need to reproduce and how in lower primates and animals there is no 'love' just a need to procreate.

Animals don't rationalise a need to procreate - they feel lust and act on it!

sex and monogamy also entrances me. Again we entangle two disparate actions. Firstly, the need to know parents. Well, paternity actually, mothers are rarely confused about their own maternality and secondly enduring love. So sexual exclusivity becomes tangled with enduring love and we have many problems.

I personally believe humans are designed to have group sex. We are group oriented, we eat together and we used to defaecate together. I believe we used to do this because the smell of shit exposes the health or lack of it in the individual and in small groups health would be vital.

Sex is an olfactory experience and in such small groups the smell and sound of other members having sex would have aroused the group as a entirety.

There could be advantage on this. if women menstruate together they probably are pregnant and bear their children together. This makes guarding and nurturing the group easier than constantly having one or two infants at all times.

Group sex with multiple partners is also good for the construction of babies. The stronger sperm will get the egg!

So my smile to the young man who offered me the opportunity to explore something i never had was heart felt. I'm too old for this now but as they say - we regret what we don't do not what we do!

1 comment:

  1. I spent many years single, unattached and stone cold celibate. Now I don't confused sex with love or affection at all. It can be nice if lustful urges can coincide within a partnership, but my sexual experience has been transitory in relationships so now after sorting things our a bit with a psychologist, whose advice was to just do it, I get what I need without the bother and complications elsewhere, sans love and al that stuff and it's been the best sex I've ever had. It's natural, normal and at times you just have to forget the morality nutters and follow your hormones.

    Haven't done a multiple, but I'd be up to it.

    Here's the nanolit:

    not love
    not free
    not bad

    ReplyDelete