Wednesday, February 10, 2010

this haiku is for Julianne

magical to find old friends - I'm looking forward to visiting Christchurch again to revisit and relearn an old friend.

I remember a glorious girl with glorious red, red hair and a way of looking at the world I deeply envied.

I wrote this haiku after watching my daughter play in the piles of leaves in the playground after school when she was tiny . The playground was full of these minute creatures swathed in uniforms and aprons far too big - maternal frugality at its most curious!

Haiku for Marion
Small hands in red pockets
scattering winter's leaves
scarlet, floating feathers.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your lovely post, Julia <3 - my life is so much richer for your being in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind you are!

    I am so glad we have met again - so many memories to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely thought... !
    __I -was there- at this first meeting... by reading this haiku. It would seem you both are lucky! _m

    ReplyDelete